Tuesday, September 10, 2013

divergent/ expectations

I am always saying that I hate reading, but really it is just when it is a bad book. I have found out that when I love a book, I constantly read it.  with divergent I hope it has these things put into it, if it does, it will definitely get me hooked quick.  the first thing is good character development.  I hate it when a story is so great, but you know almost nothing about the character you have been reading about.  the next thing is an action scene in it somewhere. I love reading those in my head and making them sound all fast paced. I only need one of those. I hope it is a little like hunger games. that is probably my favorite book of all time. there was action, great character development and overall it was a fun read.  I think Divergent will get there soon. I am just not far enough along to get hooked yet!

3 comments:

  1. I love that, when you get into a book and cant stop reading it. Maybe I will read this because I only love reading when its a good book.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to read this book, especially if it is the type of book that is so interesting you don't want to put it down.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I completely agree Jake! I think avid readers are people that just know where to find good books. When people say "I love to read" I think it can be assumed they mean: "I love to read awesome books." Hopefully with Goodreads and reading blogs from other students to find out what they are reading, you can find books and read books that you love and can really get into! If you loved the Hunger Games series, I am confident you will love Divergent! Don't forget Insurgent comes after it. :)

    ReplyDelete