Tuesday, August 12, 2014

In Darkness (#1)

In Darkness is a story about a boy in Haiti that has been shot and sent directly to the hospital.  While he is laying in his bed in the ER, there was an earthquake, which made the building fall in on him.  He is left in complete darkness and tries to call for help, with no luck.  He called himself the voice in the dark.  He tells us his life's story. 
He has a twin sister named marguerite, a mom, which he calls manman, also a father.  I think that somehow he will escape this deathtrap.  I think its really weird that none of his family was with him when he was at the hospital.  It leads me to believe that his relationship isnt very good with them, and/or they arent around to come, either dead, or dont even know hes there. Also I am really anxious to learn how he got shot, was he caught is some crossfire between gangs, is he in a gang, or was it a mugging gone wrong?  In a tv show that I love called Falling Skies, they are caught underneath rubble from an alien attack, anyway the way he is stuck, cant see anything or move very well made me think of this show.  I pictured that the entire time.

No comments:

Post a Comment