Sunday, April 27, 2014

Divergent

First I am going to talk about how her making the decision to go to dauntless instead of abnegation affected her family.  If my parents raised me a certain way, and all of a sudden I first of all, left, but then changed my entire lifestyle.  I know that they would be pretty confused and angry possibly.  Think about it this way, if you had two children that you raised to be with you for the rest of their life,  then they stab you in the back and switch to a different family. Think about how hurt you would be as a parent.  I would feel like I didn't do a good job, otherwise they would have stayed.  I would be sooooooooo nervous for them, and scared that they would either die, or not pass the initiation.  Then they would become a factionless person.

I wonder how the rest of the society feels about these parents.  I would feel like they would start to mock you a little bit, for losing your kid.  But the faction abnegation is not allowed to judge, so really, would anyone even care?

2 comments:

  1. Amazing! I really liked how you connected yourself to the specific situation. You made it very personal for the reader, and really did make us feel the way Tris's parents probably felt. I also loved how you ended with a question, which left me thinking about this post, even as I wasn't reading it. Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i think you will agree with me that this is one of the best dystopian novels ever written(that i've read)

    ReplyDelete